Francine Farkas Sears
Founder & CEO of WIB
In the early 1980s, Fabrique expanded to provide cleverly engineered professional cases for the rapidly growing portable computer market. Twenty years later, Fabrique remains a major player in the design and manufacture of cases for the wide assortment of consumer electronics products available today. Fabrique produces projector, PDA, MP3 and laptop cases for Dell and Hewlett Packard. Fabrique’s client list also includes: InFocus, IBM, Canon, Sharp and Lexmark. As one of the first to make a case devoted to the portable computer user, Fabrique develops stylish cases with a unique flair that always meet the strict safety requirements of the world’s top computer companies.
Women in Business (WIB), like Fabrique, is a certified woman-owned business that provides today’s professional woman with cases and accessories that balance style and function for a complete package of fashion-driven business solutions. WIB is truly the culmination of many years’ experience in the worlds of fashion and portable computing, two worlds brought together in an attractive, durable, and comfortable line developed by women, for women. WIB cases are currently designed and manufactured for Dell, Hewlett Packard, and offered on this website in additional exclusive styles.
Fabrique also offers a complete line of fashion accessories, Every Day Style. These handbags and luggage bring value and durability to the latest trends from the hippest streets of New York, Paris and Milan. Since April 2000, Fabrique’s fashion division has enjoyed a strong relationship with Spiegel and other major catalogues. The top of Fabrique’s unique line is available here at womeninbusiness.com.
Francine Sears is the President and Owner of Fabrique. Francine boasts 40 years of experience in the business world. Throughout her long and productive career, Francine has touched many with her generosity, savvy and honor. Always known as a leader, Francine has launched the careers of many younger women and even found the time to raise five children: Cindy, Georgette, Alex, Ben and Isabel.
- 1964-1969Registered Representative Stockbroker, Shields and Company. National recognition by Newsweek and New York Times.
- 1970-1975Vice President of Merchandising and Fashion Director, Alexander’s Department Store.
- 1972Honored as the first American business woman invited to China after President Nixon re-established trade relations. This groundbreaking trip featured only 26 of the United States’ top luminaries and dignitaries.
- 1975-1978President, IBMA (International Buying and Marketing Associates).Produced products worldwide for manufacturers of ready-to-wear luggage.
- 1978Present President and Owner of Fabrique; International Design and Manufacturing company, known for computer luggage and related products. Exclusive Supplier to Compaq Computer Worldwide. Customers include Dell, HP, InFocus Lexmark, IBM, Logitech, LapGear, and Sharp Electronics. Retail design and manufacturing for Spiegel, Avon and QVC.
- 1980’s Committee member of Planned Parenthood, sold Bouquet Garni to raise money for women’s medical care.
- 1990’s Created Litigators Luggage – a specialty line of cases designed for lawyers.
- 1990’s Trustee of the Hopkins School Board of New Haven, CT for ten years.
- 1990’s Helped found the Yale Eye Center and was instrumental in raising money for the new eye center as well as organizing Sight and Sound which Andre Watts performed at – all donations from the Site and Sound event benefited the Yale Eye Center.
- 1997 Member of the Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital Board for several years.
- 2005-Currently The State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services recognized Fabrique as a Connecticut Minority Business – Woman owned.
- 2005 Francine Sears was in an article describing her love for cooking by Jonathan Reynolds in the New York Times- Kitchen Voyeur: Clam Shack http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/20/magazine/20FOOD.html?pagewanted=print&position=
- 2005-Currently Member of the Permanent Commission on the Status of Women.
- 2005 -2006 Joint participation with HP in the Simmons College Leadership Conference , a premier professional event for women.
- 2009 Guest speaker for the Branford Chamber of Commerce.
- 2009 WPO - Became a member of the Women Presidents’ Organization and received the 50 fastest Growing Companies Owned by a Woman Award from the WPO.
- 2010 Inc. - Fabrique was named one of America’s fastest-growing 5000 companies by Inc. Magazine.
- 2010 Inc. - Became a member of the Inc. Business Owners Council which is a membership organization for top entrepreneurs and family business owners.
- 2010 Congress Woman Rosa L. DeLauro of Connecticut acknowledged Francine Sears in the US Congressional Record on September 29, 2010 for her accomplishments.
- 2010 Francine Sears won the Notable Women in Business award from the Connecticut Women’s Hall of Fame.
Customers include Dell, HP, InFocus Lexmark, IBM, and Sharp Electronics. Retail design and manufacturing for Spiegel, Avon and QVC